Search for Inmates on the Jail Roster in Hale County AL. Results: Arrest Records, Mugshot, Charges, Bookings, Offense Dates, Offense Description, Related Incidents, Bail Amount, Warrants, Arrest Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Jail Housing Location, Court.
Hale County Jail
1001 Main Street
Greensboro, AL 36744
Hale county is a little bit famous for being home to three significant 20th century artists, which are all listed below. Hale was established in January 1867 after the Civil War. Greensboro is the county seat and Hale was named for Stephen Fowler Hale, a confederate soldier.
- William Christenberry has been a photographer in the county for years and is now the owner of Auburn University Rural Studio, which was founded by two other people, another artist and an architect
- Walker Evans collaborated with James Agee in the early 1940s book, Let us Now Praise Famous Men
- And the 2nd African American mayor of Chicago, Eugene Sawyer was born in Hale county
County Population: 15,406
Area Code(s): 205,334
County Sheriff: Kenneth Ellis
Deputy Sheriff: Chief Deputy Jason McCrory
Chief of Police: Refer to Sheriff Ellis
Police Department: Refer to Sheriff Ellis
County Clerk: Unknown
Inmate Search Instructions: No information available
Visiting Hours: there is a link on the jail site; however, it appears to be broken
Sending mail to Inmates: No information available
Sending funds to inmates: No information available
Working at Hale County:
Sex Offender Search:
Bail and Bail Bondsmen: Bond Hours are Monday through Sunday, 8am thru 9pm
- PROPERTY BOND – If you wish to post a property bond you must own land free of any debts or liens within Hale County. You must obtain a Property Assessment Sheet from the Hale County Tax Assessor’s Office, located in the Hale County Courthouse. The assessment must be at or exceed the amount of the inmate’s bond to be used for bonding purposes. You may only use one piece of property per inmate for bonding purposes.
If someone is arrested in another county and you wish to use property located in Hale County for the person’s bond, that is subject to approval by the Sheriff of Hale County. *
- CASH BOND – Money is paid to the Circuit Clerk’s Office for the full amount of the bond. This money will be refunded to the surety signing the bond after the case is concluded. Cash, cashier check or money orders are the acceptable forms of currency. NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
- BAIL BOND COMPANY – You may choose a Bail Bonding Company that is licensed to do bonds in Hale County. All bonding companies are approved by the Presiding Circuit Judge and the Sheriff. A complete list of approved Bail Bonding Companies is available at the County Jail and the Sheriff’s Office. Bail Bonding Companies charge different rates for bonds, Sheriff’s Office employees, including deputies and correction officers are prohibited from recommending which bail bonding company(s) you may use.
SIGNATURE BONDS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED IN HALE COUNTY
- Before a bond can be signed a cashier check or money order for $35.00 will need to be made payable to the CIRCUIT CLERK OF HALE COUNTY with the name of the defendant listed on said payment.
Hale County Jail Address: 1001 Main St, Greensboro, AL 36744
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility