Search for Inmates on the Jail Roster in Franklin County AL. Results: Arrest Records, Mugshot, Charges, Bookings, Offense Dates, Offense Description, Related Incidents, Bail Amount, Warrants, Arrest Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Jail Housing Location, Court.
Franklin County Jail
PO Box 400
Russellville, AL 35653
Established in February 1818 the county takes its name from honored statesman Benjamin Franklin. The county remains dry; however, the city of Russellville is not.
County Population: 31,532
Area Code(s): 256, 938
County Sheriff: Shannon M. Oliver
Address 1: 748 Walnut Gate Road
Zip Code: 35653
Phone #: 256-332-8820
Deputy Sheriff: Delane Clark, Chief Deputy
Chief of Police: Refer to Sheriff Oliver
Police Department: Refer to Sheriff Oliver
County Clerk: Unknown
Inmate Search Instructions:
- Visitation hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the video visitation room located in the lobby of the detention center. Inmates are given two (2) FREE thirty (30) minute visits for a total of one (1) hour visitation each week.
- Once an inmate’s free visits have been used, you may visit by paying $7.50 per visit. Also, if an inmate or entire inmate pod is locked down, inmate visitation may be denied.
- The booking process can be lengthy; therefore, new inmates being booked into the jail will not be allowed visitation until the booking process is completed and the inmate is placed in his or her cell.
Sending mail to Inmates
Inmate mail must be addressed as follows:
748 Walnut Gate Road
Russellville, AL 35654
Also, make sure inmate mail includes the sender’s name and return address. We do not forward inmate mail to other facilities should they receive something after being transferred. Any inmate mail received without the sender’s information may be destroyed.
Sending funds to inmates: You should deposit the money into the Telmate kiosk in the lobby of the detention center. For additional information on Telmate inmate services, visit:
Working at Franklin County
Sex Offender Search:
Bail and Bail Bondsmen: Three methods
- Cash Bond – Pay the total amount of the bond at the clerk’s office, inside the courthouse. Bring a copy of the receipt to the jail. Bond money will be returned to you after sentencing in the case. (The judge has the right to deduct court cost and fines from bond money).
- Property Bond – Obtain a property assessment printout from the Revenue Commissioners office, inside the courthouse. Bring the property assessment printout to the jail for review. Property must be valued at the total amount of the bond or greater than the total amount of the bond. More than one property assessment can be used to make a bond, in which case the property values will be added together. All people listed on the property assessment must be present to sign the bond.
- Bail Bondsman – The bonding company must be licensed in Franklin County. Ten percent of the bond should be given to the bondsman.
Bonding agencies licensed in Franklin County:
- #1 Bail Bonding
- 4-A Bail Bonds Inc.
- Legends Bail Bonds
- Northwest Alabama Bail Bonding
- Stonecipher Bail Bonding Co.
ALL bonds require a $35.00 bond-filing fee in the form of a money order. The money order should be made out to the Franklin County Circuit Clerk. This should be given to an officer in the jail during the bonding out process. (Neither cash nor personal checks will be accepted). For questions concerning bonds, contact the jail at 256-332-8425.
Franklin County Jail Address: 748 Walnut Gate Rd, Russellville, AL 35654
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility