Search for Inmates on the Jail Roster in Chilton County AL. Results: Arrest Records, Mugshot, Charges, Bookings, Offense Dates, Offense Description, Related Incidents, Bail Amount, Warrants, Arrest Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Jail Housing Location, Court.
Chilton County Jail
106 6th Street
Clanton, AL 35045
County History: Chilton county, originally called Baker county, is known for its unique landscape and peaches. Situated at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, the area is also home to prairies, swamps, the Coosa River basin and what was the center of cotton production, Black Belt Prairie. The county’s name is in honor of William Parish Chilton, Sr who was Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme court. Mr. Chilton also served in the Congress of the Confederate States of America for Montgomery county. In 1942, the U.S. Navy commissioned a new vessel, the USS Chilton, in honor of Chilton County.
County Sheriff: John Shearon
Deputy Sheriff: Gerald Mims
Refer to Sheriff’s office
Inmate Search Instructions
Visitation begins at 1:00pm and is over at 3:00pm. Each visit will last for 30 minutes.
Visitation schedule adjustment may be made to accommodate holiday scheduling or for the safety and security of the facility. In the event of inclement weather, inmate visitation will be cancelled with little or no notice. It will be the responsibility of the inmate to notify his/her visitor of any changes.
Each inmate must have an approved “INMATE VISITATION” card listing the expected visitors. Names not appearing on the inmate visitation card will not be allowed to schedule a visit. Inmates must list the full name, complete address, phone number, and relationship of each visitor. Prospective visitors should not be on probation, parole, or have been in our facility within the past 6 months. Failure to fill out the visitation card correctly will result in the inmate not receiving visitors. A maximum of four (4) names are allowed on an inmate’s visitation card. NO substitutions will be allowed. Once an individual has been removed from a visitation card, they are not eligible to be placed back on the card for a period of one (1) year.
Valid state or government issued identification is required to enter the visitation area in order to have a visit. Persons under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted. Inmates are responsible for informing their visitors of visitation regulations. The Chilton County Jail reserves the right to restrict any person from entering the jail.
Visitors who act in an inappropriate manner may be permanently suspended from all visitations. No person under the age of 15 years old may visit without being accompanied by a legal guardian. The Chilton County Jail reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or cancel visitation for the safety and security of the facility at any time without notice.
- Visitors should always dress appropriate
- No halter Tops
- No Short Shorts
- No transparent or revealing clothes
- No Vulgar Clothing
- No Cell Phones (on or off) are allowed in visitation.
|A and B Pod||C Pod||D pod||Females||E Pod|
Sending mail to Inmates
The mailing address for letters and/or cards is 301 City Street Clanton, Al 35045. It must have the inmates full name, and be written in pencil, black or blue ink only. Letters must be on white paper, note book paper, or typed on computer paper. No photos, no perfume, no drawings or clippings, no extra envelopes or stamps. Cards must be store bought, no glitter or musical. No drawing or handmade cards. Cards and letters must be mailed by the Postal Service.
Sending funds to inmates
Funds can be applied by:
- The kiosk in the Lobby which accepts cash, debit, & credit cards
- www.courtmoney.com or call 800-352-9870, you will need the following
- Credit, Debit Card or Check
- Inmate’s Name, Number
- Form Number 5500
Money Orders are not accepted!
Working at Chilton County
We do not accept resumes without completed applications.
Applications for employment can be turned in to the Chilton County Sheriff’s Office.
500 2nd Avenue North
Clanton, AL 35045
(205) 755- 4698
Chilton County Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sex Offender Search
Bail and Bail Bondsmen
There are three methods in which bond can be posted for the release of an inmate from the Chilton County Jail:
- CASH BOND: Chilton County: Misdemeanor and felony bonds can be posted with the Circuit Clerk’s Office Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, excluding holidays, on the 3rd floor of the Courthouse or by calling (205) 755-4275
- PROPERTY BOND: A property bond is based on the tax assessment of real property owned by the person(s) attempting to secure an inmate’s release. Property bonds can be posted with at the Chilton County Jail 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Property has to be 3(three) times the amount of the bond, and if the charge is a felony 2(two) property owners will have to sign the bond
- PROFESSIONAL BONDING COMPANY: Release may be made through a private bonding company approved by the Sheriff’s Department. Any bond over $1,000,000 will have to be approved by Circuit Court during regular business hours.
- AAA Century Bail Bond 205-280-0033
- AA-Bama Wade Bonding 205-280-1123
- Central AL Bonding 205-755-7171 or 205-688-2020
Chilton County Jail Address: 106 6th St N, Clanton, AL 35045
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility