Search for Inmates on the Jail Roster in Chambers County AL. Results: Arrest Records, Mugshot, Charges, Bookings, Offense Dates, Offense Description, Related Incidents, Bail Amount, Warrants, Arrest Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Jail Housing Location, Court.
Chambers County Detention Facility
105 Alabama Avenue
West Lafayette, AL 36862
Chambers county is named for Senator Harry H. Chambers and its county seat is Lafayette. Some interesting events occurred here:
- The county was established in 1832 and was originally inhabited by Creek Indians
- The man who killed Billy the Kid was born near here in 1850
- Heavyweight champion, Joe Louis was born on Buckalew Mountain in Lafayette in 1914
- Chambers county joined forces with four additional mill cities to create The Valley, which is now the largest city
Sheriff Sid Lockhart
Chief Deputy Richard Carter
Chief of Police
Refer to Sherriff Lockhart
Inmate Search Instructions
- Visitation will be conducted by appointment only. Appointments are arranged by the inmate
- Visitation is held on Saturday and Sundays only
- Inmates with last names starting with A-K are allowed visitation on Saturdays
- Inmates with last names starting with L-Z are allowed visitation on Sundays
- Once an inmate has scheduled a visitation, visitors may call 334-864-4336 to determine the time of the visitation
- Visitors who are more than ten (10) minutes late for their appointment will forfeit their visit
Sending mail to Inmates
Mail to an individual incarcerated at the Detention Facility should be addressed to:
Inmate full name
Chambers County Detention Facility
105 Alabama Avenue West
Lafayette, Alabama 36862
Sending funds to inmates
Money may be deposited in an inmate’s account via either a debit or credit card. Cash will be accepted once the cash kiosk is installed.
Working at Chambers County:
No information provided
Sex Offender Search
Bail and Bail Bondsmen
There are 3 ways to make bond on charges:
- Cash bond: Cash in the amount of the total bond. This must be either a money order or cashier’s check. Cash Bonds must be made at the Chambers County Circuit Clerks Office.
- Property bond: We can approve the bond if you own property in Chambers County. If your property is in another county, you must go to that county Sheriff’s Department to have the bond approved. Once approved, bring the bond papers to the Chambers County Jail.
- If you are making bond for a misdemeanour or traffic charge and the amount of the bond is $5000.00 or less, you will need two property owners to sign the bond. Property value must be at least equal the amount of the bond.
- If the charge is a felony, you will be required to have at least two property owners to sign the bond. Property value must be at least equal to the amount of the bond and have no other bonds.
- If the property is in the name of more than one person, all people listed on the property must be present to sign the bond.
- If the property is a commercial property, you must be able to show authorization from the company to sign the bond.
- Misdemeanour arrests made by the City of Lafayette, City of Valley, and City of Lanett must be bonded out at the arresting agency. Failure to Appears can be bonded out at the Chambers County Detention Facility if a bond has been set.
- Bonding Company: You may use a professional bonding company licensed to do business in Chambers County.
|Approved Bonding Companies for 2016|
|AAA Bail Bonds
|Allstar Bonding Company
|Bad Boyz Bail Bonding Co.
|Deep South Bonding Company
|Trenter Bail Bonds
|Troup Bonding Company
|Ward’s Bonding Company
Chambers County Jail Address: 105 Alabama Ave W, La Fayette, AL 36862
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility