Search for Inmates on the Jail Roster in Lowdnes County AL. Results: Arrest Records, Mugshot, Charges, Bookings, Offense Dates, Offense Description, Related Incidents, Bail Amount, Warrants, Arrest Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Jail Housing Location, Court.
Lowdnes County Jail
Hayneville, AL 36040
Lowdnes takes its name from Congressman William Lowdnes from South Carolina and was establishes in 1830.
County Population: 10,703
Area Code(s): 334
County Sheriff: Sheriff “Big John” Williams, 334-548-2222
Deputy Sheriff: Chief Deputy C. West, 334-548-2222
Chief of Police: Refer to Sheriff Williams
Police Department: Refer to Sheriff Williams
County Clerk: Unknown
Inmate Search Instructions: No information available
Visiting Hours: Visitation will be held every Thursday and Sunday, unless otherwise stated. This facility reserves the right to cancel visitation days at any time, for the safety of inmates and officers, without prior notification. This facility will do everything possible to maintain the listed days for visitation.
Visitation hours are as follows:
- 9:30 am-11:00 am- Inmates whose last names beginning with A-M.
- 1:00 pm- 3:00pm- Inmates whose last names beginning with N-Z.
- 3:00 pm- 3:30 pm- All female inmates.
Each inmate will be allowed a total of one (1) hour visitation (three (3) twenty (20) minute visits) per day.
Sending mail to Inmates: No information available
Sending funds to inmates
All other money orders which are being submitted to be placed on inmate’s accounts will have to be mailed to:
653 State Highway 21 S.
Hayneville, AL. 36040
Ensure when mailing a money order the following information is on either the envelope &/or the money order:
- Inmate’s Full Name
- Sender’s Full Name & Return Address
Incomplete money orders will not be accepted & returned to the sender
Working at Lowdnes County: General Requirements for Deputy/ Corrections Officer:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a GED
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license or be able to obtain one if license is issued by another state
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving violence or moral turpitude
- Must not be a person prohibited by state or federal law from owning, possessing, or carrying a firearm
- Applicants must meet State of Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission/ Alabama Jail Management requirements and Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office requirements
- Must be able to work in stressful and dangerous situations and be willing to attend schools for additional training.
- All applicants must pass oral interviews, background check and drug screening as conditions of employment
- Applicants who have current or previous experience as Law Enforcement Officers should submit documentation supporting experience and certification with their application
- All applicants must be able to work shift work and ALL SHIFTS assigned
Sex Offender Search:
Bail and Bail Bondsmen: Bonds are done Monday-Friday from 8:00am- 4:00 pm. All personal Inmate information & bonding information will not be discussed over the phone, but will be done in person with a valid picture ID.
Lowdnes County Jail Address: 653 AL-21, Hayneville, AL 36040
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility